Friday, June 28, 2013

Super Friends Forever | scrapbook page



This is a layout I did this morning using "Candy Shop" from Creative Memories. 

I gotta say I LOVE THIS COLLECTION! The bright colors and patterns are so energetic which makes them prefect for pictures for my girls' albums!  And since its from Creative Memories you know its good quality products that will last and won't fade over time.

The layout is one of my favorites from Nuts Abouts Sketches!

-background-
The pink background is a thick cardstock with a glossy varnish tone-on-tone accent. I like using subtle patterns for backgrounds and I LOVE that its cardstock! 

-paper-
The stripe paper at the bottom and the blue piece that the picture is mounted on are from the Designer-Print Paper pack. The circle at the top that has the date stamped on it came from the Paper Tags (while supplies last - so ya better hurry!!). Then the other circles are punched from the scraps and the Mat Pack. 
I wanted to pull in some black to help ground the layout, so I matted the image (which is a 4x4 instagram image) on some black cardstock,  punched out some circles to put under the subtitle. I used a black Zig pen to outline everything. 

-title-
I cut the title with my Cricut, Gypsy and using "cricut sampler" cartridge. I cut it with white at 5in wide then turned on the "shadow" feature and cut it again. Since I got my gypsy I hardly ever use my cricut without it. I LOVE that I can see how big the piece is gonna be before I cut it out.

-embellishments-
The blue "date" is a stamp from a Sn@p stamp set and I used ink from Stampin' Up!. The subtitle "life is better with friends" is from a Hero Arts branded with Studio Calico stamp set. And so is the "xoxo" that is stamped on the yellow circle. The "super" flair is from a Studio Calico Project Life Kit. And the heart wood veneer is also from Studio Calico.



No comments:

Post a Comment