Saturday, May 5, 2012

Project Life: Week 14

 Here is the layout for week 14 of PL:2012 and the sketch I used from Nuts About Stetches. I'll tell ya a little bit about my thought process on this layout, why I choose this layout and colors. I originally had 10 images to work with and after looking at the images I knew I wanted the one of Abby bigger (since this was her birthday week) and the one of Nanna with the girls in the wagon ( I remember my great-grandma, Granny Shahan pulling us girls around her house in a wagon). So when I seen this layout with the 5x7 on the right page & I thought I could do one picture where the 2- 4x6's are on the left. Plus this layout gave me room for the date and plenty of room for all the ournaling of that week. Once I got about half way through I found 2 more pictures that I HAD to have on here so I wiggled some around to include those.
After I get all the images where I want them, I look at the overall colors, what colors jump out, what color is the most common (around here its pink!). That how I decide what colors to use. Then I add some supporting colors that complement the main colors, in this layout the main colors are pink (lots of pink in the clothes), green (we were outside alot, abby shirt and the wagon) and yellow (abby's shirt). Then I added some blue just for fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment