Monday, October 25, 2010

Vinegar Experiment #1

According to the site 1001 uses for White Distilled Vinegar you can....

Get a shining finish on a no-wax vinyl or linoleum floor by cleaning it with a solution of one cup white distilled vinegar for every gallon of water.

So, I tried it on half of my kitchen floor. I'm gonna use the old standard of pine-sol water for the other half and see if the hubby notices any difference in the two.
I don't like mops, I use a bucket and scrubby sponge and "Cinderella" myself on my hands and knees to clean my floors. Crazy I know, and it freaks out my sister when they see me do it, they think I've gone off my rocker, but it gets my floors clean! So, I used hot tap water and white distilled vinegar and I noticed that I didn't have to scrub REALLY hard on the different spots, everything seemed to come up easier than with other stuff I've used. The vinegar smell didn't last long and it looks good! I rubbed down the baseboards and the painted walls as I came to them too! And it was cheap! So I think I will try this again! But first on to the bathroom floors!

No comments:

Post a Comment