Wednesday, July 25, 2012

playtime: digital scrapbook page

here is a 2 page spread that i made in photoshop. once again, i used a mixture of supplies. i will try to keep track of what supplies i use next time. i used this sketch from nuts about sketches.
i rotated one of the 4x6's to fit my pictures better. And i changed the shape of the element under the 4x6's, the sketch shows a circle but i'm really diggin' this top note shape. I also liked that it was close to the same color as the slide. (which I'm thinking about painting one of these days!) I kept the little cluster of elements in the bottom right corner, and used some washi tape to finish it off. I LOVE the scrabble tiles for titles. I changed the colors of the "r", "&" and "a", they were a bronze color but that was too dark. My color pallet came from their clothes, lime, pink and navy.
 

3 comments:

  1. You rocked this!! Great use of color and I like how you modified the sketch! Christine Smith || http://christinesmith.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Christine, its super nice of you! I love working with sketches! I love color as well, so it makes it easier for me to decide which colors to use if I just look at the pictures and use those colors. I've had this blog of awhile posting randomly, but I'm focusing more on regular posts. We just got back from vacation so there are fun beach pages to come!!! thanks again for commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and i think you'll be seeing some of your new alphas landing on some of my pages!!! those are awesome! I love 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete